We’re always on the look out for our next talented addition, even if we are not currently adding to the team. Any CV’s received are kept on file for the future and we check them when a new position becomes available. We have full time members of the team covering the office, operations, garden and kitchen. We also have a little book of elves who pop in to help out when we are busy on a flexi rota.
If you would like to join us in any of the above areas please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for a Head Gardener!
Full time Position- Email Emma at email@example.com.
Responsible to the Venue Manager
The Head Gardener is responsible for the care, management and development of the Walled Garden. S/he is responsible for maintaining and improving all areas of the garden. S/he works within an agreed budget always having regard for the commercial needs and priorities of the Walled Garden.
- The Head Gardener’s key objective is to ensure that the Walled Garden is cared for in a professional manner. This will include the maintenance of the lawns, hedges, trees, shrubs and flower beds. At certain times of the year s/he will be responsible for managing a small team to carry out the annual gardening tasks. while working to improve planting, eco systems and garden design features.
- S/he will have knowledge and understanding of the importance of the Victorian garden and how the Garden impacts on the business for weddings and other events.
- S/he will assist with the future planning and budget process for the garden.
Specific duties will include:-
- General tasks will be soil cultivation, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, planting, edging, pruning, seed sowing and bed preparation.
- Use of petrol powered equipment safely.
- Maintain equipment, keeping an organised work area.
- Managing within an agreed equipment budget annually.
- Keeping a running Gardener’s calendar with all works due to be carried out in the garden including, spring bulbs, herbaceous border, summer bedding, wisteria pruning, rose care, etc.
- Implement an environment and wildlife assessment.
- Work closely with the green keeping team, sharing equipment and knowledge.
- Help to teach and improve the skills of the other members of the garden and maintenance team.
- Work on future development plans with the Venue Manager and Directors.
- Look at large scale improvements obtaining quotes and project managing any works carried out.
- Work collaboratively with the whole team, attending regular meetings and offering input on all areas of the business.
- Work flexible hours to suit the demands of the garden, covering some evenings and weekends especially during the summer.
- Create new ideas, design plans and present costings for development of areas.
- Participate in company marketing projects, off site visits, exhibitions and competitor research.
- Work with the Venue Manager, General Manager and Directors on the budget process and putting together future plans for the Garden.
- Advise on and undertake gardening tasks elsewhere at Beeston Fields, as directed.
We’re looking for Bar and Catering help!
It’s another super busy summer season and we are on the look out for extra hands behind the bar, in the kitchen and serving delicious food to our beautiful brides and grooms. Please get in touch with Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org.